Upgrad LLM

non payment of maintenace charges

I do live in a 5 storied appartment and resident's society has not been registered till date. All the residents are paying their maintenance till date. Recently our boring pipe including the submersible pipe has been out of order, and we are left with no other option other than installing a new boring pipe. Since water is very essential all the residents have paid their proportionate amount but some of the residents of 1st floor are not paying the proportionate amount. The work of installation of boring pipe has started, Can we disconnect the water line connection of the newly installed boring pipe of the residents who have not paid the amount. What action can be taken against the defaulters.

Since I am looking after the maintenance from last 9 months, I would kindly request you to please provide me some remedial measures.


Prof Dr Gagan Pareek


firstly you need to get the society registered. that's where the power is conferred upon the society to act against defaulters. further, electricity and water are the essential supplies which cannot be disconnected for any reason.


if you cut the water supplies then the concerned person can lodge a police complaint against the other members who have done so.



Advocate Rohit Dalmia




Sir, Thanks for your reply, but since the person is not bearing the cost of boring pipe installation we need to supply him water at our cost. Is this logical. Moreover the water supplied from municipal corporation is available in our premises for all the residents and the defaulter can take water from that pipe line. Since I am not aware of the laws prevailing, kindly guide me.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x