LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav   13 July 2019

Non payment of dues

Hi, I run a overseas education consultancy and send students abroad. For the same I get paid commission. Mine is a franchisee and I get paid from my franchisor who has all the university contracts. As per my contract with the franchisor, they are required to pay me within 15 days of receiving commission from universities. Once they receive the commission, they ask me to raise the invoice of suitable amount post which they pay me. When I started, I was told that universities usually pay in 3-4 months after the student has gone. However, they generally take over 6 months and for some students I have been waiting for nearly a year and still not paid. They keep saying that universities are delaying which I don't believe as not all will delay this way. With these constant delays I don't see any point in continuing with the franchisor and wish to end the contract. There's also no transperancy as I have no clue on when they receive the commission and they don't copy me in any communication with the universities. I would like to know what legal recourse I have and if I take them to court, can I demand them to show bank statements and communications to ascertain status of commission? Will I be compensated for these delays? Please advise. Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     13 July 2019

You may serve legal notice claiming you commission as per your contact with principal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register