LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra Makwana (associate)     08 July 2013

Non payment of airtel postpaid mobile bill

My Problem is from very long duration so i am putting main points here.

i have purchased airtel postpaid mobile numver on oct-12. for 1st 3 month i have paid all bills. than i have found that in my area there is network problem so i raised network query to customer care. in solution they told on month of fed that new tower will be installed my area in 3 months. so i applied for MNP to vodafone. on same day airtel agent called me n ask me to continue with airtel but i rejected there offer. after they disconnect my number. now i am not able to MNP to vodafone because airtel has disconnect my service. after that i was not able to call on 121. so started writing mail to 121@airtel.com
now from last 5 month i am not paying any amount to airtel and my bill is aroung 1200 Rs. on 28-May they disconnect my number because of over of credit limit.

then i raised request to cancel number on 29-may. in reply to my mail they told that you request is in process and from now there will be no any monthly rental to this number, only usage u have to pay.

after 1 month in 5th july they have send me bill of june month with monthly charge by 450 Rs. so total amount is 1640 Rs. till now.

after 5 month there is no improvement in network. after 4 month also they are saying that wait for 3 month we will install new tower to you area. and now days my feeling is they have same answer for my network problem

so, my final view is to not pay any bill amount to airtel.

can someone tell me what will happen if i break this simcard and not pay any single Rs. to airtel? 

Learning

6 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 July 2013

by breaking the sim card will not solve your problem but you have to fight with them without using the number only they had disconnected the number and charging the user charges from you 

so go to the office and talk to them and solve the issue but what ever the issue give in writing and take in writing 

RAVI (Officer)     12 July 2013

Dear friend, i have the same story as you have and i had also got the network problem in my office so i have complained regarding this many times but there was no solution and after that i stopped paying bills and but the customer care couldn't contact me as the network always failed when they called. After 3 months they called me on my alternate number which i kept at home and talked with me and asked to pay the bill right now then i explained the issue that i am going to pay and port from airtel and going to pay the bill tomorrow but then after when i left home, she kept on ringing at home and started abusing, she even called many people from my bill statement and told them about my indebtness and requested all of them to tell me to pay the bill. I was really shocked when number of people rang me and told to pay the bill and i could never imagine how could they all know, they said that the airtel executive told that. They are really cheap and rowdy. I also want suggestion what should be done against them when they abuse and tell everyone about my indebtness. Please help me by law.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 July 2013

You sent them a notice narrating your complaint and stating that if they do not respond to your satisfaction within a certain number of days,  you will file a complaint before the consumer forum praying for not only settling the issue but also demanding compensation.  If you are capable of presenting your case you can do it yourself without appointing a lawyer.

Naveed Siddiqui (HR)     12 June 2015

Hi,

I have the same issue, i have stopped using airtel number in Dec2014. and noe in May i received a call on the alternate number from A gentleman who claimed to be a lawyer of airtel from Delhi court & he told me that he is filing a case against me for non payment of bill (amount Rs.1200). The same day i called airtel customer care and asked them if I have any pending bill, they told me the number is closed & they do not have any data, but they took my complaint for the same. Again on 12th June the Lawyer Gentleman called to tell me that they are issuing an arrest warrent for non payement of the bill.

THe customer care is clueless about this and have no idea if i have any pending bill amount & this lawyer gentleman is threating me by calling.

Can someone please guide what should i do..?

mayank   26 March 2016

Hi 

I had applied for an airtel postpaid connection. I did not get the SIM card but since december, i am getting calls for pending bill. I told them i did not receive the SIM, they say sir it is active, if not you then anyone close to you must be using. But i am continuously telling the same thing that i dont have the SIM, i am not using so i will not pay the bill. What action they can take against me?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 March 2016

I had similar problem with airtel one year back. I switched to Vodafone through number portability scheme. Actually I only telephoned Vodafone.  Their representative came to me and did everything within about 10 days. Airtel telephoned and asked me why did I migrate. I told them 'go to hell'.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register