FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian12345 (a)     29 October 2008

Non-occupancy tenant society maintainence

I am in Pune and own a house which is given on rent.

My society is charging double maintainence charges due to non-occupancy.When I raised voice that non-occupancy charges cannot be doubled , it can be only made 10% more they say that what they are charging is against amenties like swimming pool,gym etc and not  against basic maintainence charges.

Society is not yet formed or registered.Some memebers have formed an adhoc committee.

What do I do ? What action can I take ?


 3 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     29 October 2008

lodge a compliant to the rrefistrar office in this effect. action will be taken.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 October 2008

without form any society then how the way they charge, let u ask the incharge to explain it . in the mean time u feel it is above the law then u can sue aganist the society


Indian12345 (a)     03 November 2008

Thanks Sankar.

The society is not formed as such.Only the members have got together and started collecting amount so that they have a good surplus when the builder hands over the society to us.

My question is that whether the society can charge any amount in the view of amenties (on the basis of Non-Occupance charges) ? or is it maximum 10% only ?


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query