Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Person (Engineer)     26 September 2012

No internet connection after paying 6 months rent in advance

Hi,

I subscribed for an internet connection (from local internet service provider "Beam Cable"), this required an advanced payment of 6 months rent. After payment of complete amount the internet worked fine for first 10 days and after which it stopped working, i continuously filed complaints in the beam cable office via phone (for 10-15 days)and every time got the same response i.e. "Your problem will be fixed within 24 hours", but this problem was never fixed. During the time of calling beam cable office and filing complaints i also mailed the Nodal officer of the company stating the status of internet connection in detail and also in one occasion went to the beam cable office personally where i was told that we are looking into the issue and this problem is not just with you but also with other customers.

Now one month of the 6 months payment in advance which i already deposited is over without internet connection and still this problem is not fixed, so i am not sure till what time the status will remain same.

I have all the complaint numbers, generated during this time and call logs of all the calls i did on this issue, also i have the e-mail that was sent to the Nodal Officer explaining the issue(which till date is unanswered). Based on some of the key points, of mismanagement of the complaints filed and of misguiding of the customer(by saying that the problem will be solved within 24 hours) and also of unable to provide services for which payment is already taken i want to file a complaint in consumer forum.

I would like to know what kind of documents will be required for this and what is the correct procedure to file a complaint against the Company for the above mentioned reasons.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2012

During these 6 months you could have instructed the comapny to disconnect the connection and refund your advance payment.

If Nodal Officer did not reply or resolve you should have escalated to Appellate Authority.

You may finally escalate to good offices by a notice { which you can also send} of MD,Chairman,Company Secretary demanding to start service/disconnect/refund your payment as suitable to you say in next 7 days by bank DD only and thru redg. post only, or you shall be constrained to approach the institutions of consumer forum,print and electronic media,police,,social-legal-public forums, etc.....

Incase of no relief you may issue legal notice or approach DCDRF.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     26 September 2012

File immediately complaint before district consumer redressal forum and claim compensation towards mental and physical agonycased to you  due to not providing proper services by cable co.

Person (Engineer)     29 September 2012

Bhartesh Sir,

Can you please guide me and let me know how and where to file the complaint, and also how what all documents are required to file the complaint on the same.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register