Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   23 July 2018

Need urgent help

Hello,

I am a senior citizen age 67 with no wife or children & live alone in a rented apartment.

I rented an apartment 18 years ago with only an oral agreement that I can stay as long as I want if I paid rent of Rs.4000.00 per month in cash which I did for 14 years. He did not give rent receipt despite my several requests to do so.

Electricity & Landline phone bills are in his name which I paid by checks for 18 years & I have original bills & receipts. I also have maintenance bills of Rs.1200.00 per month that I paid mostly by cash & later by bank deposits & I have those too.

Almost 5 years ago in 2013 he sent two thugs at night when I am alone, who forced me to open the door saying that they have bought the apartment & want me to vacate immediately otherwise they would kill me. They harassed me for over a month visiting me at night time when I am alone & I did not go to police to save my life because they said that police would be on their side.

They also forced me to sign an affidavit that I would vacate it in 30 days & had it notarized.

I then hastily hired a lawyer who filed a suit & a temporary injunction order in 2013 which he then deferred to be decided at the time of final hearing by filing a pursis 26 without my knowledge or permission. So as of now there is no injunction order either temporary or permanent.

In fact he never contacted me after filing the suit & asked me not to contact him & if needed he will contact me which he never did until now.

The evidence hearing dates have been posted since January 2017 & he kept postponing it until now.

Now I have a final Evidence Hearing date ( My lawyer Calls it as a written Jubani & I don't know what it means ) on Tuesday, July 24 but my lawyer has not prepared a written Jubani as of today, Sunday, July 22. He also told me that he would prepare it 3 to 4 days in advance but nothing as of today, end of Sunday July 22, 2018.

(1) What can I do if he prepares a written Jubani by end of Monday, July 23, 2018 OR Tuesday the date of Final Evidence Hearing & asks me to just sign it even if I don't agree with what he has written ? He did this when filing the suit too when he asked me to sign papers 15 minutes before court's closing time on Friday, October 2013.

(2) He sais that he can not extend Evidence date any nore beyond Tuesday, July 24, 2018, so how can I extend that date since those dates have started since January 2017 without my lawyer telling me ?

(3) Can I appear before judge on Tuesday, July 24 and explain my situation & ask for another date & if yes, how many maximum days to extend it ?

(4) If I lose the case, do I have to vacate or there is a solution & If yes how much time do I get to keep the apartment?

(5) What happens if I win ? Landlord had given me the apt. in row condition with no color or fixed cabinets etc. which he promised but did not do anything for last 18 years ? Can I ask the court to have him do the necessary repair works & termite problem to be habitable ? It is in a rotten condition now.

I would appreciate any advice for a fee. Just send me a PM with Name, Phone, email etc.

Thank You so much.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register