LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need to hire lawyer: Property: Verbal agreement

I have been married to my wife for over 15 years. My father in law owns a property in Chennai. During these 15 years my Father in law told me that if I loan him money, he can construct a second storey on top of his property and that will be for me and my wife. 

As any son-in-law would, based on trust, over Rs Lakhs were given to FIL. Father in Law constructed the house. My personal property/documents are all inside this house.

Now, my FIL has rented a part of the property. He is not letting me collect my documents/personal items inside the house and is absconding. 

What can I do to:

1. Put a stay on the sale of the property.

2. Get my personal items out of the house.

3. File a case of cheating/420 on FIL.

I am looking to hire a lawyer. Please respond to me with your phone / email address. Also, please let me know how soon can you file a stay on the sale of the property as the property is disputed. 

The current cost of the property is over Rs 1 Cr in Adambakkam, Chennai.

You may reach me at reachadamkumar@gmail.com. 

Thanks in advance, 

Learning

1 Replies

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     24 April 2011

Since you don't have any document, you cannot claim your title in the property.

If you have sufficient evidence to show that you gave money to your father-in-law, you can claim refund of your money and for that purpose you can file a suit and may also move an application for attachment before judgment of the said house or any other property of your father-in-law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More