LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gopi (Manager)     19 July 2009

need to claim accident expenses

Dear friends,

i was riding a brand new bike without registration :-( , unfortunately had an collision with other car. during night time, dont know how it appened.But i was in hospital for 2 weeks. That was not my bike. Owner had a tough time dealing with police but somehow got it released and police made a case against the car driver.

Tlked to some lawer, he filed a claims compensation against  car under some 166. But now, they are calling me for the evidence. Extremely nervous. The ower of the bike is not giving any help or providing any details of his bike.

How do I go ahead? Shall I change the lawyer.

I need my hospital expenses, is there any other way.



 2 Replies

a.manoharan (Advocate 94431 45884 advocatemanoharan@gmail.com)     19 July 2009

you can get the details of the bike in the said magistrate court. advocate would have filed only for compensataion for your welfare. don' t be nervous. it is your legal right

amol (consultant)     26 July 2009

Mr. Gopi,

My sympathies. Please change the advocate, as you are not comfortable...

Usually some lawyers will make exorbittent claims and charge heavy fees or percentage. Please avoid such ambulance chasers.

Since you were riding illegally, there is not enough evidence to claim under 166.  Usually such claim would not be entertained under 166. Usually owner of the other vehcile i.e. car and its insurance company will put lot of resistance and you wont get anything after a long legal battle. Check with the bike insurance company if it is insured on the day of accident to claim your medical expenses. Good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register