Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inderjeet Samajdar   27 June 2017

Need some guidance

Sir

I had enrolled in the BA Graduation Programme of Sam Higginbottom Institue of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences in 2013 through their distance education programme from Allahabad University. I had enrolled from their East Delhi Study Centre situated in Preet VIhar. I had cleared my first and second year examinations with ease and due to some personal reasons couldn't sit for my final year examinations in June 2016. 

I was under the impression that I would have to retest again (with paying some penalty charges) to clear my final year examinations but I was told that all the distance education students from Delhi had cleared their exams and now Alahabad University doesn't enroll students outside of UP anymore. I was told by the study centre manager that they've also stopped enrollment for Sam Higginbottom and are now affiliated with some other institute and that the entire  previous management of the study centre is shifted to other places barring just one. They also said they wouldn't be able to help me and to call Allahabad University directly.

Now I have tried to call Sam Higginbottom from the number mentioned on their website which no one ever answers, I have tried sending emails to them but the email address provided on website is incorrect. I tried to contact Allahabad University but they had diverted their phone to some guy in Kolkata who said he is constantly getting calls from students of Allahabad University and that he has filed a complaint in Kolkata Police because of these constant calls.

Sir, please advise me what should I do? I had cleared my first and second year without any hiccups and now my entire graduation would be null and void if I don't clear my final exams. The study centre is not helping me at all and Im unable to reach the university. I have my first and second year marksheet with me along with my ID CARD mentioning my enrollment number and books I recieved for my subject of final year and the payment slip given by the study centre.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

Narrate the entire incidents (in writing under proper acknowledgment)  to Manager/Owner of Study Center and request to reply in writing along with (ALL)correct address/email id/phone number with STD code/Fax number with STD code/address with pin code of concerned official/In charge of said Instt and university and also provide you with complete solution to resolve  your problem. Write to Registrar/ VC of Univ.

Visit and meet the old staff that has been shifted and one that is still available and check with them.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 June 2017

In future 1st check from Univ if the said course/Instt/Study center is approved and download the rules of the course.

In case you are unable to resolve entrust the matter to local senior and very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in consumer/civil matters.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 June 2017

University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched Online Student's Grievance Redressal portal. This is a new initiative taken by UGC which facilitates the students/complainants to lodge his or her grievance, send reminder and view status on action taken with regard to their grievance(s) online.

It is hereby informed to all the students of University of Allahabad to visit the website www.ugc.ac.in to lodge their grievances related to University of Allahabad, if any.

Dr. Shailendra Rai

Nodal Officer
Online Student's Grievance Redressal System
University of Allahabad
Email ID: raishail77@gmail.com

Inderjeet Samajdar   01 July 2017

Thank u so much for the advise.

I called the institute on the number given and the person in charge of registratiojn has provided me the closest center available to me. I will have to fill a form and payh alte exam fees and they will conduct my exam in December. (University takes exam twice in a year once in June and once in December).

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 July 2017

Good to see that you have acted and got some relief.

Try to get reply in writing.

Or at least send a written narration from at least your personal email id.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register