Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jyotiislb (n/a)     01 January 2008

need help urgently

Hi all,

Need ur help on a serious issue.
One of our managers resigned on 15 th of dec with giving noitce period of  7 days till 21st dec. our CEO accpted the same. 10 days ago before this happenning I called up to that employee that when u come plz come in my office, I need ur signature on some papers. On 17 th dec after resignation he called me up that on which paper u need my sign, but at that time the topic sliped  out of my mind and I said that i right now i dont remember and u r on week off so when u come to office then I will tell u.
On 19th he came to my office, and asked for those papers
then I said those papers were ur appointment letter but that is none of use to get sign this time when u have already resigned then he said what else do i need to sign.
I said that at this point of time nothing but at the end of ur notice period u need to sign clearence papers.
then he asked for clearence papers that i gave to him.
and he signed all papers then refused to join the shift , I briefed thematter to my CEO
He said its ok let him go, but donot make his salary for the month of dec07.
Now i m confused what to do.
B'coz i come to know through some informal but reliable sources that if his salary will not get cleared he will sue us.
And i m only person in hr, dont know  how to tackle this situation.

Plz help me out.

Jyoti:(

Learning

6 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     01 January 2008

If you have collected all the signatures from him and his requirement is not necessary then relieve him by making the payment after deducing the amount from his salary vis a vis the period of absence.

But the problem is CEo has refused to pay anything to him.

Now in this scenario, if he sues i will be in trouble first.

jyoti

He cant sue you personally. He can only sue the company. In any case, since you have reported everything to your boss and it is he who is not willing to compromise in his stand, there is nothing to be worried. Moreover, I doubt the person going to court. 

thanks a lot for ur quick response.
now i m feeling relieved.

Thanks again

And a very happy new year to u and all the members of our group.

jyoti

Welcome. Do participate in this forum regularly by contributing more so as to enable all of us enrich our knowledge.

Regards,

Prakash

Dear  Prakash sir

I have registered today itself.
I got ur link from another forum that is citehr.com
I m regular member of that forum.

I will try to take active part in forum so that we all can make this forum lively and useful to everyone who visit.

thanks

regards

jyoti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More