FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju Singh (Properieter)     28 May 2012

Need help to file divorce


I was serving in Defence in Mumbai and got in touch with a girl to whom I married in June 2004 (it was intercaste) in Mumbai and our marraige was not registered. She is M.Sc and my present qualification in Graduation. Initially all went good, but after 1 year our relationship was badly disturbed by so many reasons: She is more educated, was doing a job earlier and quit that when she joined me at my duty station (i got transfered from mumbai in 2003), she thinks i should be an officer and not a mere soldier. she doesn't like my likings.  our relation got worst with the time. Now it was just for a name shake. Then she started asking for separation. She started abusing me in front of my friends. 

She never visited my hometown and never liked my family members. She always wanted that I should stay in Mumbai and take care of her parents as her own brother has left her father. One of her elder sister commited suicide in Mumbai in 2008.

I sometimes took drinks in our Service parties, on that night she will not allow me to enter the house, even i was forced to sleep away many times.  she will break all the households. she will never hesitate to create Drama in front of the neighbourhood, even throw items on road outside the house. She never hesitated to insult me infront of her parents whenever they visited us, they also supported her. 

My fault was that I wanted her to cool down and talk, she even tried for suicide 2-3 times without any reason. I have never man-handled her or even never abused her. (It is witnessed by her parents also) 

My social as well family life was gone. Still we were keen to have child, and finally she gave birth to a baby boy in September 2010. Her parents were present with us. In the meantime during her pregnency also the situation got more worst. She finally announced that she will take divorce from me, and asked me to send her to her Parent's house in Mumbai. Finally she forcefuly left me 02 Jan 2011 with child. 

Then she started making phone calls and threatning, abusing on phone etc. I was unable to concentrate on my job and finally took retirement in july 2011. She always demanded money from my Retirement funds which I gave her, just to maintain her. She was still rigid for Separation. 

In the meantime (Jun 2011) I got in touch with a girl and knowing that my family life has ended, decided to stay with her. Now I am at my parental place i.e. patna, my wife is in Mumbai, my friend at Visakhapatnam. My family life is totally finished. My wife came to know about my affair and now she says that she wont leave me and always   keeps on harrasing me, myy family members, that girl and her family members.

Is there any remedy for this........... As of now all my family members have distenced themselves (they were earlier with me and knew about my wife's behaviour, even they blamed me eallier for my marriage)



 5 Replies


The conduct of your wife falls within the ambit of 'mental cruelty', which is difficult to prove. Therefore, start recording the abuses of your wife and save all such messages which she sends you. They would prove handy if and when you decide to go for dissolution of marriage.

Since you are living with another woman even though you are married, your adulterous conduct entitles your wife to file for divorce against you. Do watch out for the false cases which might be registered against you.


1 Like

Raju Singh (Properieter)     28 May 2012


I am staying alone not with any other girl, my wife is in Mumbai with her parents. and that girl is also with her parents.

Burn ur emotions and Record everything, and dont tell her where u r , let the 2 yrs complete, did u tell ur rank in defence before mrg.? . And r u getting pention.? Take help of spy to prove her adultry if any doubt. Let she file any case but be prepare. IF U WANT PEACE THEN BE READY FOR WAR-CHANKYA. think it.
1 Like

shriks........... (healyhcare)     29 May 2012

boss somewhat same situation wit me but why it took 7yrs for u to decide when she took just few months to cut off ties wit u?????
anyways i think wait and let her file divorce as mental cruelty is diff proving and you defend her allegations and then attack wit cruelty.
although be prepared for their ultimate weapons i.e 498/ dv and maintenance cases.
just stay cool and make her feel ur more than happy in this situation .
womens are the deadlious jealous species and im sure she would do some mistake.

1 Like

Raju Singh (Properieter)     29 May 2012


She knew everything as I never have any intension  to hide anything from her. She had called up my office earlier also to complain against me. And after retirement also she did everything to find out what all I got after retirement. I totally agree that she was to become the sole owner of my benefits if everything had been fine. 

But now in this situation, she cannot claim my total hard earned money, that's where the problem lies.

Even I have offered her and also she knows, that I have never been interested in money. i have always wanted to have peace of mind. She knows that I am a emotional fool kind of person.

But the question is,

1. Should I keep sending her monthly maintenance ?

2. Am I bound to answer her calls, or to inform her that where I am, or to give her my latest cell number so that she can abuse me,? I have few of her calls recorded in which she has not spent anyone, even my Late Mother.

3. I have tried talking to her parents also, but they pretend to support her daughter (very usual).

4. She along with her parents has visited one of my relative in Mumbai, but only after few days she called them up abused them for supporting me.

5. I am in touch with my few friends who are witness of My harrasement by her, can they testify it in future 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query