LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayur (consultant)     13 October 2014

Need help in ancestral property

Greetings Learned Members !

My deceased father along with his brothers , sisters & other relatives holds ancestral land in maharashtra. I wish to add my mother & my name in lieu of my fathers name in 7/12 extract. Can anyone tell me whom should i approach ? The land has additional entry as "kul" and also has the name of one "sarkar" in the 7/12 extract. Is the land any good ? How easy it is to partition the land and get my share separately in it. Im sorry for my basic questions as i am complete amateur in these matters,

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.


 2 Replies

Ankit Ahjolia (IR Officer)     13 October 2014

You will have to prepare affidavit declaring you and your mother are the legal heirs of your deceased father and submit the same along with death certificate of your father before concerned Mamlatdar office.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 October 2014

Please check with local lawyer dealing in such/revenue/civil matters if the land was given as award by govt or has been occupied by govt. or what precisely it is.

Otherwise the share of deceased father shall devolve upon all ClassI relations that includes spouse, children…………… equal proportions.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register