Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bob (manager)     05 October 2013

Need a good 498a and dv lawyer in kolkata

Dear Friends,

I am anticipating false 498A ,DV and other bouquet of cases against me. Please advise about any good lawyers in Kolkata to help me fight against these cases. Experience, understanding, integrity  is what i am looking for .

Please advise and share your experiences.

Thaking you in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     05 October 2013

The term "good lawyers" is an oxymoron because "good" and "lawyers" simply don't go together. That said, if you are anticipating such cases, do a lot of reading on the net on the relevant Acts and sections of the IPC.  With respect to CPC and Cr.PC, you can do a specific search on the net to find out the section under which you are going to file an application or ask an advocate because that part does not require much of a brain.

There is no shortage of info on the net in the areas you are talking about. I can assure you that without your own reading, your advocate will most certainly take you for a ride. Remember his sole goal is to maximize his income from you. Do not confide too much in him because he will leverage that to extract some bribes from the other side. Do not sign anything he submits to you at the last minute. Make sure that you have a few days to read before you sign on it. Make corrections where necessary. Refuse to sign if you do not agree to what is written. Do not hesitate to change your advocate if you feel uncomfortable to work with him. Do not pay him in cash. Do not hesitate to file a complaint against him with the Bar Council if he does something very unethical. In your casual conversations, make him aware that you are aware of this procedure. All these precautions are necessary.

Unfortunately, this is the state of affairs with advocates, especially the ones who practice in lower courts. Admittedly, there are some senior good advocates who practice in the High Court but they will not come to the lower Courts. Apnaar Bondhu! Good Luck!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register