Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Salooni (Manager)     03 July 2014

Name on marriage certificate

Hello..

I want to ask what should be the name of girl on marriage certificate?

I am Saloni Aggarwal married to Himanshu Gupta. On my marriage certificate, my name is written as Saloni Gupta d/o My fathers name. Is it correct because i want to keep my maidens name as Saloni Agarwal and dont want to change my name.

Is this marriage certificate correct or i need to change it?? Also what is the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 July 2014

As you had given your name in the marriage registration application form and in the marriage card while to get registration your marriage in the sub registrar office you will be issued the same name printed in the marriage certificate.
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 July 2014

The name found in the marriage certificate is the name filled up in the application for marriage certificate/registration, therefore see who filled up the application form and how this error crept in.  Actually in the marriage certificate application form, the girl's maiden name should be given, if the marriage was not solemnized prior to that, if it was solemnized as on the date of application, there is nothing wrong in mentioning the surname to be attached after marriage.  This cannot be a legal issue.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register