IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gk (Service)     09 July 2016

Name mismatch and further formalities (epf)

Respected Experts,

I am making this query for my cousin sister in Chennai. 10 Years back while she was submitting the PF a/c. opening form through her employer, the name mentioned is ANITHA DEVI (this is not real name, I mentioned as an example). And she submitted the copy of the School TC with this name as a ref. document. She is not much educated and after her school she joined for some employment to help her parents for finacial support. But everybody is calling her from her childhood as ANITHA and the DEVI part has been somehow forgotton even by her or parents. Later in Ration Card and Election ID her name has been recorded by them as ANITHA only. As I said above, her DEVI part has been forgotten by all of us since it was only in that TC. Years back she retired from her employment due to health condition and now trying to withdraw the PF amount and submitted the application. But she received an info saying that her name is mismatching and submit the original TC for verification etc.

Unfortunately the Original TC been misplaced / Lost. (She completed her school in 1978/1979). At this situation what we could do for further proceedings. Some of my friends was telling that there is no way and she will lose the PF amount. Without this Original TC, whether there is any other solution to resolve this issue to get the money? Because it is the hard earned balance they all expecting that they could survive in the future. IF so. to whom we need to consult or what are the formalities to be done. We will be very much appreciated, if you could hel us to get out of this tough situation - yes for her it is really a very serious and hard problem - as I said, it is the matter of her only saving to suvive with her aged father. Please provide your valuable advices and supports.

Thanking you

with best regards



 3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2016

Devi is usually added to a female's name in Northern India.

In Southern INdia it may alos be a precedence.

She can apply for duplicate certificate.

She can submit affidavit.

Employer can certifiy that she is one and same person.

Visit PRO/APFC/RPFC nearest or jurisdictional  EPFO office for more details. 

gk (Service)     09 July 2016

Respected Kumar Sir,

Thank you very much for your quick response. We will surely visit the concerned personnel as per your advice/instructions. Best regards.

A lot of thanks to all those working behind this web portal, indeed to provide such wonderful supports to the public like me through the great experts like Kumar Sir. 

Sincere Pranam!


Avinash Kumar Sharma (Sr. Manager HR)     10 July 2016

Mr. Kumar has rightly suggested. Get duplicate copy of TC or copy of Adhar card or Voter I card. Submit before RPFC undertaking on plain paper attested by employer that the person is same as mentioned in EPF records. RPFC will accept withdrawl form and process her case. I have attested many such forms as HR Manager in my organisation and cases are processed by RPFC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query