Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev (SE)     21 May 2011

N.I. Act 138

Sir,

I got selected in a PVT. LTD.  company by a telephonic interview, after technically selected company call me at their office for completion of further process. I visited the company and completed all the remaining process like:

1 signed all the legal document and fill the  bond  Rs. 200000/- for 2 years by a undated cheque with company    name.

2 Received the offer letter of company and signed that

3 My joining date was 20 days after Receiving offer letter

Finally i decided i have not to join the company so i stoped the payment of that perticular cheque by internet banking.

Now the compay is try to force me by their legel adviser to join the company otherwise company will take legal action against you with N.I. Act 138 because the cheque has been bonsed.

Still i haven't join the company and don't want to join in future also.Please help me regarding above issues. I will be highly obliged for this.

Thanks

Rajeev

Learning

3 Replies

P. V. RAO (ADVOCATE)     21 May 2011

Though 'stop payment' advice to your bank after issuing a cheque attracts penal action under N.I.Act, in your case it seems so far there has been no notice sent to you which is required to be sent within 30 days from the date of dishonor of your cheque.  You may therefore immediately send a notice from your side to the company explaining the reasons for your decision not to join in the job offered by them and also cautioning them not to proceed with action u/s 138 of NI Act, as there is no legal liability on your part to allow them encash your undated cheque lying with them.  You should specify that the cheque has been given 'undated' as the same is meant to serve as 'security' only.  This action should be expeditious from your side before they decide to send a notice demanding dishonored cheque amount as required under the Act.. Best of luck.

PVRAO, Advocate Hyderabad.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     21 May 2011

THE RAO'S  SUGGETION IS OK TO COME OUT FROM 138 CLUTCHES.

Rajeev (SE)     21 May 2011

Thanks Mr  P. V. RAO

I would like to update you that the undated cheque was for the bond only.

And they have already sent me a letter demanding dishonored cheque amount.

At the time of accepting offer letter i signed the government Stamp Paper also written with

if the employ quit the company before two years company will encash the cheque.

Please suggest me the appropriate solutions for this.

Thanks

Rajeev

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register