LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

New_User15 (it)     20 February 2015

My wife and her parents threatening for fake dowry case


 I married an year ago. Right from the start of marriage, my wife has been fighting with my mother and me. Calling us names, abusing us all the time. And in all this her parents support her too much. She has made my life horrible, and she has become too violent, abusive. 

I stay away from home due to job. Every alternate day she fights with me, cursing , abusing and even hitting me. When I call her father to explain all this, instead of making her daughter understand, he starts blackmailing me, that he'll come to my house and then correct my actions. 

With every argument, she blackmails me, that she'll commit suicide by jumping from roof, getting hanged from ceiling fan, and starts beating her head on wall, and shouting and cursing me. It seems like she has lost her mental balance and mental ability to talk sanely to any body.

Divorce is not an option for me, since I cannot divorce her because of the social image, and my family values. Is there any way I can correct my wife's and her parents behaviour?


I want to bring them to right way of behaving and maintaining a relationship. 

Will filing a police complaint help? Or should I talk to her other relatives and tell them all this insane behaviour and ask them to talk to her and her parents.

Please advice, I am in a huge fix.


 8 Replies

Nitin (marketting manager)     20 February 2015

Please record all the conversation that you have with your father in law and your wife

that will save you from everything.


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 February 2015

You can use spy cameras and record her voices for your future evidences. Use modern technology maximum to avoid such litigations. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 February 2015

if you dont want to divorce her talk about her behaviour to the elders in the family and let them help you out. still if it goes unbearable you can file divorce on grounds of cruelty- suicide threat amounts to cruelty.

you record the threats by your fil and this might help you in future when they go against you.

make a complaint to the dcp about the behaviour of your wife (suicide threats) and your fil and keep a copy of it with u which might help u in future

she seems to be mentally affected and its also better to consult a psychiatrist else your life would be bitter

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     20 February 2015

Yes record the threats and keep secret.ask her and your relatives to intervain and solve amicably. If not solved complaint to Sp,dsp,acp of your area. regards

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 February 2015

If her behavior is persistently irritable and beyond tolerance you may decide to call it a day instead of brooding over the good for nothing issues. Some solutions has to be arrived at one fine day so let it be today.  If you keep thinking about the social values, you will be losing your social status due to her insane behavior  which will be known to the same society as the matter aggravates everyday. You may even stand losing your career if this intolerable behavior of your wife goes unchecked at one stage.  The complaint with the police will not make the things straight. Consult an advocate in the local, think about the pros and cons deeply and decide further course of action.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     23 February 2015

1. Taking help of an expert lawyer of Criminal Court file a complaint in writing following sec.503 IPC addressed to the Officer in charge of your local P.S. and SUPDT. OF POLICE and keep the signed service copy with you for future reference.

2. Try to mediate the differences by intervention of your well wishers and common family friends.

3. Take help of a Psychologist for counselling of your wife.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     24 February 2015

In addition to the above advice, I suggest you to take her to some psychologist before approaching any lawyer.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 February 2015

i appreciate your stand even after such abusive behaviour of your wife that you want to save your marriage may be for values but you dont want to broke it

and you can go as above experts advice 

and in my view the above evidences will be used if you want to take any further action and now you have to initiate any third person and make him discuss with your in laws family members and make them come out as why such abusive behaviour your wife is creating and how to solve and if you want you can record all the conservations with you for future evidence and have you discussed with your wife why she is behaving and spoiling your both married life and what was her reaction for this because no wife unwantedly wanted to spoil her married life and also no father in law want to spoil her daughter happy life 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query