Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diego stanga (Self employed)     21 January 2014

My grandmother's will

Respected Sir/Madam,

My grandmother is having a WILL written by my grandfather and signed by Two witness. Both the witness are alive and of sound and mind. It is a hand written WILL favoring my father but not registered. 

But there is a problem my grandmother is also having two daughters. They are interested in the property share. They are unaware about the WILL. And, the WILL does not include their names. It only includes a statement as "I have given more than this property to my two daughter's now I do not want to give anything to them".

In today's date they are having nothing to show about my grandmother's property.

We have my grandfather's hand written diaries regarding accounts and some old record's from the organization in which he worked.

Question's

1) Sir/Madam is the WILL effective?

2) Will they be get share in the property?

3) How much time will it require to have a final judgement?

Learning

3 Replies

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     21 January 2014

You can prove the Will in the Court by producing the witnesses of the Will and in case you succeed daughters would not get any share in the property.

Diego stanga (Self employed)     22 January 2014

Yes it has been signed by two witness who are still alive and of sound and mind.

Questions

1) How much time period will it take?

2) Opposition does not have anything in hand they don't even know about the WILL. Can they revoke it because it is clearly stating that "I have given more than the property to my daughters and now all the property goes to my father.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     22 January 2014

The time limit cannot be fixed however, it may take three to four years.

Where is your second question is concerned, it would depend upon the evidence they would produce. On case they have nothing, you would certainly succeed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register