LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Apprentice (Associate)     01 January 2013

My first hearing tomorrow!

Accompanying my senior. Anyway, please wish me luck :)

Learning

13 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     01 January 2013

Wish you good luck.

1 Like

rahul (director)     01 January 2013

whats the case details in which she have first hearing tomorrow? Is this case on her or she is applicant?

I was completely confused with the dates. It is January 30th - found out when I went to work yesterday. I was all excited and then heard it was vacation - ha!

Rahul - I am a lowly associate not a high flying lawyer like the ones here  :-)

Which types of case hearing you are suppose to appear? judge will consider that you are new bird, will ignore your little mistakes, dont worry?

in starting.. go to civil cases,, dont go to criminal cases.

MY BEST WISH FOR YOUR LEGAL PROFESION 

1 Like

It is a case for specific performance. I won't be doing anything, just sitting, listening and passing papers!! But I will be going to court ofr very first time and seeing the action first hand. 

DONT WORRY, ITS NORMAL IF YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING. I WISH SOON YOU DO ARGUMENT THE CASE AND DIRECT TALKS WITH JUDGE.

IM A LITIGANT AND DO COURT HEARING ALONE MANY TIMES.

ITS SCARY IN STARTING, BUT YOU WILL USE TO BE EASY WITH SPAN OF TIME.

1 Like

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     01 January 2013

wish you best of luck.

1 Like

b man (Namaste)     02 January 2013

Dear Apprentice,

Wishing you all the best for your career as a lawyer.

If you do face any problems the EXPERTS are here to help you.

GOOD LUCK.

Warm regards

1 Like

Apprentice (Associate)     03 January 2013

Thank you very much every one. I am a bit scared to ask my senior too many questions and show them my ignorance or make them feel I am stupid. Also they are so busy that they hardly have time for assistants.

So I am trying my best to be self taught and to learn by observation, reading and by getting your guidance through this forum.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 January 2013

Remember, most law-abiding citizens and law-breaking citizens do not know anything about law. The former use their commonsense, to keep themselves within limits. The latter also have commonsense. But they believe the lawyers will help them to come out. And what about lawyers themselves? Some qualify themselves taking part-time course and satisfying the requirements of the Advocates Act? They depend on luck to win cases? Who cares, if luck does not favour  them?  It is the client who loses. For most real lawyers laws are scripttures, even more importantly past judgments.  They should be well-versed in law. Knowing the meaning and purpose of the clauses is another matter. That is why in a court of law lawyers are referred to as Learned Advocates. Have you ever heard of a  Learned Engineer or a Learned Doctor?

1 Like

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     06 January 2013

best of luck and do not forget your experience of the first day in the court to be shared with all of us

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register