Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh (Owner)     28 January 2010

My CHS is not accepting rent documents

Hi:

I live in Gitanjali CHSL, Nehru Nagar, Kurla (E) Mumbai and I have two adjusent apartments on the seventh floor, namely 701 and 702. I live in 701 flat and recently done an agreement of rent for renting out the second vacant flat. While talking to my society secretary, he told me that I must pay an amount 8000/- as decided by society management commitee since I will not be renting the flat. He did not accept my rental agreement copy for the society. I think they can not charge me more than 10% of the service charge. What can I do to notify the society on my rental agreement? Is it required by law to notify the society? I have already registered the agreement at chembur registar's office and am in a process of informing the local police station about the rental agreement as required by law. The police station gave me a form that requires Society stamp and Chairman's signature as well. Now if the society does not give me its stamp \and signature, how can I proceed. Experts please help.

Learning

1 Replies

Rajendra Kumar (self employed)     22 February 2010

Dear Mahesh,

Even I had the same situation while giving my flat on L/L basis. When the Secretary didnot accept the L/L documents I made a complaint to the jurisdictional Dy. Registrar of the Society along with complete set of papers and also an additional copy to be sent by Registrar of Society to the Secretary and obtain an acknowledgement from the Dy. Registrar. Also sent the same to the Secretary of the Society by Speed Post. I believe your job is over and relex yourself. You have not mentioned that under which head the Secretary demanded Rs, 8,000/- from you. The society can only charge 10% of service charges(Excluding Property Tax) p.m. as NOC. If they ask you to make any extra payment you may refer the matter to the Dy. Registrar under acknowledgement and copy to the Secretary. I hope you will get relief from the society.

You also mentioned that Police Station has given you a form wherein you need to obtain signature and seal of the society. To my knowledge only infor mation about Licensor and Licensee are to be furnished to Police Station in a prescribed form which does not have any column to get signature and seal of the society. If yiu have such form pl. send the same to me at my ID muthaji@gmail.com for my current updates.

Thanks

(Rajendra)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register