LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAMMAD Always (quest)     20 January 2015

Muslim inheritance help needed

I need some legal advise about the inheritance from my great grandfathers property in a village in  Madhya Pradesh.  

My great great grand father had acquired the property and that was passed over to my grand father - AHK.
My grand father , AHK passed away in  1990 leaving his wife -   K , 3 Sons - a) DL (My father)                                                         b) RA                                                                         c) AA                             3 Daughters - a) K -expired in 2006 - No Kids                                  b ) Z                                                                           c) Z 
                                After my grandfather AHK's death in 1990, for tax purpose the business was transferred to the grandmother K's name. All the heirs including my father may or may not have signed a paper at that time giving all powers to the grandmother K.

In 2004, my father DL passed away but his mother K was alive and she lived until 2012. During all these years the possession of the ancestral property has been with my uncles - RA and AA and their kids. However a large chunk of ancestral home is still under the grandfather Late AHKs name as per municipal records and some has been sold off without our consent.

Please let me know what can be done about getting our due share from my Grand father and Great grandfathers property. It is possible that my grand mother may or may not have made some will or other legal documents during those years or the Uncles may have created something to eliminate our share.

Specific Question:
1) Could my father have signed off his family inheritance all to his mother even though we were the legal heirs in 1994?

2) Can the grandmother if she is considered as the owner as the heir had made her, just give to the two sons and not the orphan grandchild (again this is ancestral property)

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register