LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

poornima (not applicable)     08 May 2014

Mother's name correction on child's birth certificate

My first name on Birth certificate , passport ,adhar card , pan card is POORNIMA . However my parents have entered PAURNIMA as my first name in my school so all the school and college certificates have this first name. The same name PAURNIMA have been entered while my child's birth. Hence on his birth certificate my first name is PAURNIMA which i want to change to POORNIMA . Please guide me the procedure to do so. I am travelling to UK, so this issue might come in question.

Learning

1 Replies

Ajay Kumar Singh (Consultant)     09 May 2014

HI Poornima,

I am not Lawyer but same problem I am facing when I went to passport office for my sons passport, in my sons birth certificate my middle name missing , so passport office confirmed that on passport parent name will be only as birth certificate in case of minor, I shows my all the govt documents, AADHAR, PAN card, even my passport with correct name, 

so in last month i did few things to correct parents name in my son birth certificate as advised by experts which I mention below. 

first you go to your daughter birth hospital where she born, write an application to name of Medical Superintendent for correction in parent name, with Rs 10 Non-Judicial stamp mentioning your incorrect entry in birth certificate with correct entry, along with your Valid ID proof, they will take some time and if applicable they will charge minor, in my case in Safdurjung Hospital no charge, in Second son case , in St Stephens Hospital Rs 70/=. After 15 days they will issue a correction letter with address to The Registrar(Birth) to correct name in birth certificate. For Municipal corporation office, you also write an applicaton with an affidavit too with all the valid ID for issue Birth Certificate with correct name, Here also they will take approx 15 days as specified but may be more , from here you will get Birth certificate finally with correct parents name.

Regards,

Ajay Singh(Delhi)

singhkajay@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register