Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gunjal Paranjape   20 October 2019

Mother in law is asking us to leave our pagadi house in girgaon.

Hello Sir..

We are staying in a pagadi house in Jogeshwri..me,my husband my 5 yr old on and 62 year old mother in law.

This house was first owned by my Father in laws dad in 1950 and the rent receipt use to come on his name.

but after his death my father in law didnt transfer his tenancy rights on his name but in 2009, after my father in laws death my mother in law quickly changed the rent receipt on her name by our landlord. She gave him some nominal amount for the transfer.

My husband is stayig in this house since his birth i.e 1979.

all 4 of us names a there on our rationcard.

From last one year there is a big change my mother in laws bebaviour and she is asking us to leave our house. She is not redy to stay with us. she said she want to enjoy her life and she needs privacy in her life as we came to know she has many affairs going on....We came to know about her affairs by her whats app messages...so we took the screenshots of every person with whom she chats about s*x life.

now she is going to send us a legal notice under property law.

i really appreciate if you all can help me out in this strange situation...

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     20 October 2019

kudos... at 62 years of age she is having a  pink life though can live as she wills, but not upon the cost of others.

You should stay where you are ,don' t leave  as you have equal right to stay in theproeprty as your MIL ,just change of name in rental rceipts does not make her absolute right holder in tenancy. The tenancy is runing from long and you should make shut her mouth by proeperly replying the notice and if she disturbs you get an injuction from the court. meanwhile challenge the transfer of name of renatal receipt.

Shashi Dhara   20 October 2019

Don't try to change or fight with that p*rn lady just waste of time , money,.if you have sufficient income and mesnes come out and lead separate peaceful life with your husbandand child.to stay there it is not self acquired,or ancestral property to acquire rights on it .only tenant.if not satisfied you can follow above advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register