LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.S.Sayyed (Research)     11 January 2009

Mohammedan Law

A Muslim died leaving behind property -farm land, plots and house,bank accounts etc.Two sons and two daughters,all married are legal heirs of the deceased.One brother who is govt official and the other who is looking after farms etc do not want to share the property. The two daughters now want to file a civil suit. Can some one guide and  provide me a format of the civil suit ? 


 4 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     11 January 2009


What do you mean by " CIVIL SUIT " in this circumstances or on the facts as stated by you ? 

(i)  As per Mohammedan/Shariah/Personnal LAW, every daughter is having rights to claim  her " SHARE " in the "PROPERTIES " left by her "LATE FATHER".

(ii) Nobody can stop them with regard to  the said claims.

(iii) If their " Real Brothers/Real Mother" do not give the "SHARES" in the "PRPORTIES" left by their "Late Father", "AMICABLY", they are having full rights, and they themselves can file "CIVIL SUIT " for "PARTITION " of the Properties.


sanjay singh thakur (advocate)     12 January 2009

I fully agree with Mr. Aezaz Ahmad.

M. Sahul Hameed (Advocate Profession)     12 January 2009

i do agreewith Aejaz Ahmed

M.S.Sayyed (Research)     13 January 2009


Can you please send me a format/proforma of the suit that can be filed at my id


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register