LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu   05 October 2015

Minor marriage

Hi My Age 17 I want to marry with my boyfriend against my parents will. Is there any legal procedure how can i do that so that no action can be taken against my boyfriend and his family.Kindly guide

 27 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 October 2015

Boy age must be minimum 21. Girl age should be minimum 18.  Otherwise police may prosecute both of you. 


The boy will land in prison atleast for a period of 3 yrs.

Anu   05 October 2015

There Must Be Any Way to come out of this As i have seen many judgements from the High Court and Even Supreme court. In which If Girl want to marry with her consent no FIR should be registered against the boy?

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     05 October 2015

Wait till you are 18.  Otherwise, if your parents give a police complaint, he will be arrested for kidnapping.  Your statement in the police station and in court saying that you ran on your own volition, will not cut ice with the police or judge, as you are minor at the time of elopment.

Anu   05 October 2015

Sir, as per the law age of consent is 16 years so my consent will not keep any importance.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     05 October 2015

Age of 16 is for consensual s*x.  Not for marriage.

Anu   05 October 2015

Oh!!! It Means No Other Alternate 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 October 2015

it is void marriage. Wait for to attain the majority



The author is too intelligent ,more intelligent than us.She is well versed in law,only trying to find an illegal way from the forum,or else the query is for academic purpose.Just assess the way she is questioning the experts.

Anu   06 October 2015

It's True Sir I Have Good Knowledge of Law Because I have been Reseraching of this thing since past 3 months following the cases U sec 366 & 363 so need the best suggestion from the experts 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     06 October 2015

I do not know what is your boy firend age and you have specified that you age is 17

but one thing i want to clarify that there will be lot of hurdles if you marry the person of your choice in this age like

1. you can marry of your choice once you attain the marriage age and if you marry before then you have to fight to prove that you can solve and you have full confidence in your guardian who is your husband who looks you more happily

2. not that only once you get marrid the problem starts from the person who complains about your marriage from then onwards you and your husband has to fight to sustain your marriage wihout any hurdles and how much time it will take no one expects in mean time how supportive isyour husband we or no one can explain

3. how far your husband or your boyfriend will support this marriage is the big question after seeing all the legal tangels between you and him

4. and about your parents support ness after all this legal tangles and were you will be if court does not accept your marriage is also a bigh question

i recently read from a delhi high court judgement -

– “When the minor leaves her father’s protection knowing and having the capacity to know the full import of what she is doing and voluntarily joins the accused person, the accused cannot be said to have taken her away from keeping of her lawful guardian” – is a progressive precedent that actually decriminalised the right to choice, with reference to the offence of kidnapping from lawful guardianship, in cases where the evidence showed that the woman was able to make a calculated and clear judgement.

and finally think twice and if you can wait for the age the government has prescribed is better choice and what about the boy thus is he working what is his stand if any legal step proceeds how much he can support


For a girl of 17 could it be understood that she has more legal knowledge than all of us.

Anu   06 October 2015

Sir He is Working in the MNC at good position more over we can also support our case financially also if someone is ready to handle it.Before my Parents Lodge a complaint can I take any precautions so that complaint can't be registered 


Kyon bhaeeeeeeee, boyfrind ko andar bhejne ka poora praband kiya hua lgata he..



Jail jail khelna chahti ho?


Post dated chek ka baare mein suna he? heehee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query