LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjit Keskar   16 May 2024

Middle name mismatch of deceased person

My late father has investments in his PAN card name (featuring his father as middle name) and the death certificate (made from aadhar card) which has another middle name (his Christian baptized name).  I repeat it is only the middle name that is mismatched.

There are many things that my very senior citizen mother has to claim as legal heir and this issue keeps coming in the way of a smooth transition.

Is there a permanent solution for this?

Where can i find the text that would be needed for an affidavit to declare the name mismatch?  (and what denomination of stamp paper has this to be executed on in mumbai, maharashtra)

Thank you


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2024

The name change affidavit should be given by a living person and not by a dead personn neither by the relative of a dead person.

How did this error occur.

If this is an error due to PAN or AADHAR card details, you  can attach  the previous original documents having the correct/actual name and the documents pertaining to the changed name and can give an indemnity bond indemnifying the loss in this  regard if any may arise  future.

You can comply with the requirements in this regard as instructed by the concerned department/authorities  wherever you may find an objection raised in this regard.

If nothing works out then you have no option than to approach civil court with a suit for declaration to declare that your father's name mentioned in different documents differently pertains to one and the same person and can attach the court decree copy to all your claims accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register