IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rumpel79   18 July 2020

Mentally tortured by wife who is not ready to divorce

I am being constantly tortured mentally by wife since day 1 of marriage.Its been 8 yrs. She has never fulfilled her duty as a wife or a daughter in law.I ve begged her several times to give me divorce but she doesnt agree. I was forcibly blackmailed by my parents to ve a child and I gave in due to their pressure. I ve a son who is 1 yr old now. Recently I ve fallen in love with a lady and want to marry her. She is in the process of getting her divorce. please help me. I just want to get divorce and marry the love of my life.


 8 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     18 July 2020

if you can prooved your's wife cruelty, you can file divorce petition under the hindu marriage act.


R.Ranganathan (Director)     18 July 2020

You are saying you are being tortured by your wife and blackmailed by your parents. Further you are now father of 1 year old son. If you want divorce you should be able to prove cruelty and other things for a divorce. Better think whether you have got all the requirements for divorce, otherwise you will be getting into unnecessary prolonged litigation which may not be favourable to you.
1 Like

Advocate Abhishek Sinha (Advocate)     18 July 2020

If you are actually intended to take a Divorce, you need to be guided well. 

I understand and can believe what you would be going through. There are so many cases where Husbands are being dominated but our society doesn't believe. But things have started changing and even The Hon'ble Court, understands that at some places, husbands are also the victim.

But after reading your post, I think you need to be guided well and you should take each and every step strategically. So contact a good lawyer with good drafting skills so that your part of the story can be presented well.

Not everything can be discussed here, so feel free to message or call.

Thanks & Regards

Advocate Abhishek Sinha

1 Like

rumpel79   18 July 2020

Thank you Sri Abhishek ji and other respected responders. Abhishek ji, I ve got your number from your profile. I would like to discuss the matter with you. Can I contact you on WhatsApp?

Advocate Abhishek Sinha (Advocate)     18 July 2020

Sure you can Sir.yes

Thanks & Regards

Advocate Abhishek Sinha

Sarabjeet Singh   19 July 2020

In order to proceed further, you shall advice from a legal practitioner. You can contact the undersigned for any sort of legal advice in the captioned matter.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 July 2020

The facts posted as to the alleged cruelty or wrong doing on the part of your wife is less than exp. in the light of your admitted infactuation for another married lady.  Your priority ought to be in saving the marriage, not wrecking it.

Moreover, the facts posted suggest that this is not a case of your wife failing as a wife and daughter-in-law, but your failings as a husband and a father, may be as a son as well. Your statement "I was forcibly blackmailed by my parents to ve a child and I gave in due to their pressure" is very very disappointing; it falls much below human dignity.

More than the lawyer you require the services of a competent counseller so that you could be woken up to be a respnsible son, husband and father!


1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2020

Prima facie you are least interested with your wife and attached with your girl-friend, consequently planning for a divorce similar to your girl-friend.

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer, file a divorce petition and get rid of your wife and son so that you can be a free bird like your live-in partenr and enjoy her company .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query