LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

New_User15 (it)     16 September 2014

Mental harassmant by lawyer due to money laundering trap

There had been a fraud against my uncle, where a lawyer had trapped him under huge debt by extracting money from him on the name of surety for others, and then later on fraudulently, getting his house registered on his wife's name. Due to this my uncle had taken lot's of loans to repay the said lawyer and got badly trapped under huge debt. Due to all this, my uncle, aunt and their family is under huge mental pressure, financial insecurity and threat.

Now this fraudster has returned the house , after taking a hefty some of money as settlement. But still the other financial burdens created due to this person are still there.

Now I want to know if there is any provision/section in CPC where we can file a case against this person, and punish him for his wrong deeds.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 September 2014

Your query is devoid of facts, especially the circumstances under which you have given away money to the lawyer and what led to the said obligation.  The proof or evidence in your possessions has also not been discussed, hence better consult a local lawyer and take his advise before jumping at any conclusion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register