LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amarpreeti (service)     13 July 2008

Means available to know will existsor no

Father died prima facie without making will on disposal of self acquired residential property.What are the means available with legal Heirs1 to ascertain its existence?Is there a time limit for Heirs to produce the will? In what forum is the will to be produced?

Learning

4 Replies

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     14 July 2008

your question is not clear,so far i have undestood to the best of my knowledge your father had sold the house and you have stated that it is a self acquired property.as such you have no right to question it now.if at all you are doing at your own risk.you will get nothing out of it.

amarpreeti (service)     14 July 2008

Property was not  sold by the father.It still exists on father's name.However , it has not been claimed by any legal heir

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     15 July 2008

yes ,now it is clear.as per the statements made by you all the legal heirs of your father along with your mother has to file an application before the district court having jurisdiction where the property is situated and seek a relief to declare you all as the legal heirs to your fathers estate that is called as succession certificate. then only you all are entittled to sell or transfer the property into your names. I advise you to approach a lawyer at your place for filing appropriate application before the court.

amarpreeti (service)     15 July 2008

One of the legal heirs 1  is having the possession of this property.

He is claiming that he also possesses the will of the property and that the will is in his name.

However he is not showing this will.

I want to ascertain through legal means whether this will exists and the contents thereof.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register