LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

partha sarathi sengupta (EA)     28 August 2012

Maruti suzuki warranty problem

My Wagon-R is just an year and 2 months old, It has been serving me well till now but 3 days ago suddenly it refused to start in a busy market. After pushing by locals my car started and somehow I managed a maruti service centre Reliable in Dhanbad. It was found that the Self-start motor has broken at the end of pinion, the Service in charge came to a bizzare conclusion that this has happened due to misuse and Company may not cover it within warranty (it costs 4000/-) .

I am in dire straits as I fail to explain to them that my vehicle has not been misused as I have never given the key to anyone else. My query to you is what are the provisions under Consumer protection act that I can use in case the company refuses me warranty. It would be a great relief if this problem is debated thoroughly as so many of us are victimized by companies due to their lack of concern for customers whereas they replace cars of Mafia's and politician within years (I have experienced a ford ikon of a mafia being replace within a year due to minor snag).

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 August 2012

Since your car is under warranty period so you have  right to get replced the defective part of your car {self start motor}. Refusal to replace the same amounts deficiency of services by dealer as well as manufacturer so  file a complaint before District Consumer Redressal Forum against dealer and manufacturer and claim therein replacement of defective part and compensation towards mental and physical agony.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register