Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     25 April 2011

Married women solemnized another marriage

Dear All

One my friend was in love with one girl, he had solemnized marriage with her. Marriage was solemnized in Arya Samaj Temple.

After marriage , they did not inform any of their family members and they began to live seperately in their parents houses.

Some days back my friend rang me, he told me that  his wife got married with someone else.When I enquire deeply, then he told me that

One marriage proposal was come for his wife, his wife was under pressure and due to fear of family members, she could not disclose her marriage. And she was marriage with another man  ( only through hindu vedic ritual, not  through legal registration)

My friend sought my suggestion. So far as I know, His wife has commited bigamy, which is punisheable crime in India.

Her latest husband can also file case against her on account of  being fraud. He can also file defamation case. There is lots of legal complications involved here.

All members are requested to give their valuable opinions

Thanks and regards

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     25 April 2011

you can file either fraud or cheating  or if your friend want to live both are apply null and void of marriage grounds that threating married the bride,

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

HERE THE PRIMARY QUESTION IS - WHAT YOUR FRIEND WANTS?

THE OPTIONS ARE -

1) WIFE MAY BE CHARGED UNDER SEC 494 OF IPC.

2) HIS SECOND HUSBAND MAY BE CHARGED U/S 497 ADULTRY.

BUT HE MAY BE ESCAPED IF IT IS PROVED THAT THE SAID GIRL CHEATED HIM.

3 ) YOUR FRIEND MAY GET DIVORCE ON THIS ACCOUNT.

YOUR FRIEND'S WIFE'S SECOND HUSBAND NOT IN QUESTION, TILL HE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND AND SEEKS LEGAL ADVICE FROM YOU.

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     27 April 2011

Dear All

This is true that the girl is in whirl of legal complications. She might be penalized.

Now my friend want some solution. He want to get his wife.

Now adays I came across many cases, where especaily girls soelmnized more than one marriage secretly.  They are making the mockery of  Insituttion of Marriage. They are not   serious about their relationship. The break up among couple is already fashion now a days

Kindly give your opinions

Regards

Rajeev

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register