LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smitha (self)     18 May 2012

Married daughters share as per christian law

Hi. I would like to know regarding a share in my fathers property. I got married in 1999 and i am the eldest of the three daughters. All of us got married as of now. My father has a property in town which is 4.5cents of commercial land which he has received from my grandparents

. Apart from that he has two seperate houses out of which he has given me one house at the time of my marriage or to be more precise just before a month of my marriage as share.He has also given some cash. He had promised to give a share of the above said 4.5cents property later. Now all my sisters have got married. The second sister received the other house and the third sister was given just cash.

But now my father says that he has written a will stating that he has alrady given me my portion of share and that the 4.5cents of land is to be divided as four ( dad,mom,2 sisters ) and that i dont get anything.

I wish to know how does the share in this case work out. ?A house he gave me is his own earned property and the 4.5cents is ancestral property. can i go against that will or can i request to get a portion of the 4.5 cents of land , inspite of he giving me the house?

plz update me with details ...

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register