LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pooja (other)     09 February 2016

Married daughters in Late father's property

We are 3 daughters. 2 r married. What are my eldest married daughter's property rights as currently everything is in my Late father or mother's name. It was jointly self acquired by my parents.

Learning

4 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     09 February 2016

1) Insufficient information.

2) Whether the property was in the name of each parent seperately or jointly and in which State.

3) Whether only father died and mother alive  not clear.  Whether they died in testate.

4) How many childredn whether sons are there. when the other two sisters were married.

5) Consult a local property law expert advocate who would be able to give correct advice based on full facts.

pooja (other)     10 February 2016

No sons. 3 daughters . My parents bought property jointly but it is in my father's name and he passed away. Property in NCR. I want to know my property rights as I am the eldest married daughter. My mother is controlling all property papers, etc.1 flat is rented and rental income taken by mother and 1 sister. A few pieces of property are there . I need to know what is my share.

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 March 2016

1) Not specifically mentioned that u want share in property or rent share?

2) whether your father made any will or he died intestate i.e. without making any will?

3) After father death mother ipso facto taken the control of whole family. Actually the property must be divied in to 4 equal share. 

4) You will get 1/4th part of that property. 

5) For more information consult local property lawyer.

Thanks

pooja (other)     02 August 2016

Sorry could not reply earlier. 1.want share in property. If we don't divide now, then mother can later play favorites and divide impartially as she is partial towards youngest daughter. 2. Passed away intestate. 3. How can we divide a flat or a house, even if we don't go for partition later on. 4. My sister has taken all of my father's bank accounts and his fixed deposits without informing me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register