LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakshita (travel counselor)     14 June 2012

Marriage without documents

Hello,  Im raksh*ta... Really need somebody's help.. I left my home 1 year ago for my boyfreind and my father didnt give me any of my documents or certificates or any legal id.. and i want get married legally to my boyfriend as soon as possible but dont have any documents,,so is dere way out that i can marry him..please help with this issue im really in trouble.. will wait for your replies...thank you

Learning

6 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     14 June 2012

if you are attained majority age than you can marriage, no one cannot ask any question about ur marriage, 

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     14 June 2012

if you are attained majority age than you can marriage, no one cannot ask any question about ur marriage, 

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     14 June 2012

Option

1. You can marry with him without any problem and its legal.

2. You can approach the Arya Samaj Mandir & they will provide you the marriage certificate.

the thing is that im not havin any of my documents or age proof

please somebody suggest me something good..

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 June 2012

@ Author,

Listen young lady...

Prior to 1970, reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to 1970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the several authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates can often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India  now-a-days. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April 1, 1970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority. if you know your place + dd/mm/yyyy of birth and if it was after 1970 then you can approach yourself local Municipal Authorities and do 'search' by paying nominal fees and get retrived Birth certificate copy thereof.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents then the legal solution is via a sworn affidavit executed by either of the parents if living or other close relatives older than the applicant may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth the names of both parents and any other related facts (their current address). Such affidavit when a birth certificate is unavailable should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority (by a SDM) confirming that the certificate does not exist or no longer exists.

Using above documents question on marriage as in this brief can be registered via Arya Samaj and or directly before the Court post a temple wedding after performing with photo proofs of 'saptapadi + exchange of garlands and putting up of mangalsutra" if author of the post is believed to be a Hindu girl of major age is my way out view / solution to your main query which is before us.

Other option is to file a GD report before area Jurisdiction Police Station seeking help of Police stating your major (age) status for retrieving via Police your documents as alleged to be with your father. With this GD entry what will happen is Police may visit your parent9s) home and ask them to handover your documents at Police Station. This works well if a strong local NGO's assistance is roped in by you.

Additionally file up Form 6 for issue of EPIC Electoral Card in your Municipal Area of residence which will authentify your residence address which comes handy for above suggested way for registering a marriage in presented typical brief.

However, since you presented here your query probably after exhausting social options I per se may also suggest you to hire an advocate and file a simple DV Act complaint making a local NGO as “information giver” and pray just a single prayer as remedy sought from Magistrate Court  Direct my parents to hand over all my original documents as per below list…..…. + direct my parents to meet simple marriage expenses of mine as their bounded duty” Here make both of your parents as well as local police as respondents R1, R2 and R3 respectively (this you may opt for after making a stamped / signed GD entry as advised in one of the above para’s) and upon its in-action by local police you are then approaching a Magistrate Court for civil remedies which will be just “cause of action” to admit your case and notice issued to your parents in civilain ways.   Show this last para to any advocate of your choice and he will act accordingly and get you this simple remedy for which DV act can also be used by a un-married major age "female child" is my view.

PS.: Unless your try out above process flow answers / suggestions cannot be tailor-made and till that time happy scanning this vast legal portal website for a just tailor-make answer which may please all your senses..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register