LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (Advocate)     23 July 2011

Marriage registration under special Marriage Act

One of my client is women from Punjab married to an NRI. She has aplied for the Marriage registration under Special Marriage Act. All the pre-requisites have been full filled i.e. Notification in Newspaper, report from the SDM etc. Notice period of One month is also finished.

Now the problem is that due to some unavoidable circumstancs The Groom has to return back to England and he is not able to come back. Is there any provosion that marriage certificate can be issued in the absence of the One party, who is staying abroad that time. While searching on Internet i have come across this site:

It provided for a marriage certificate, which is sent by the person staying abroad and when provided to the marriage registrar in India, marriage certificate can be obtained. but i could not found such provision in the Special Marriage Act.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register