Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ria   29 September 2015

Marraige registration in india

Dear Sir/Mam,

I and My husband both are Indians living in UAE with UAE Employment/Resident VISA and got married in SHARIA court as per Islamic Marraige . Now we are Planning to Visit India for a Month. Can we show the Marragie contract certificate from UAE Government and get our marraige registered in India under Indian Governemnt ?

Is it a few days process ? what are the steps/documnets needed to be followed in order to get our marraige registered in Indian Governement ?

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 September 2015

I presume that both of you are Muslims and you got married following Islamic rites. You are now husband and wife even if you come to India. No further formalities are necessary. Keep your marriage certificate ready  for production in case of need or for any endorsements in your passports.

Ria   29 September 2015

Thank you for reading my quesry and for the swift response.

We belong to two different religion . My husband is a Muslim. We assume that the marraige certificate received from Sharia Court is valid all over world but still not want any problems for future so wanted to get our wedding registered under Indian Government as there is no other document from India showing that we are married.

Kindly let us know if there is any proceedure for us to validate or wedding in Indian Government as well or only the endorsement of Spouse name is enhalf to make it legally valid?

Your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 September 2015

U must have converted to Islam at the time of marriage.If so U need not go for any other formalities in India.Non Islamic marriages are not entertained in the Gulf Countries..

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     30 September 2015

What Mr. Sainath Devalla says is right. As you know India is a secular democratic country and you will have no problems here. The Muslim Nikah method of marriage is recognised. in India. In case still if you have any doubt,  go to the Indian Embassy or Consulate there and consult them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register