LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

skec (superwiser)     21 February 2015

Maintenance query !

Hi Expert,

My brother wife has filled crpc-125 and my brother does not want to show any income. So how can she prove her husband income? how she can get details about income and account.

if she try to get his returns details how it is possible.? 

if husband deny that he is not doing any job but actually he is working.




 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     21 February 2015


skec (superwiser)     21 February 2015

Ok Sir,

If less amount is ordered then ok...but matter is that how wife can know her husband income ?



saravanan s (legal advisor)     21 February 2015

even if the husband has no income he has to provide maintenance to his wife.wife maynot know husband income but she might knew the place where he is working.she can summon the employer through the court to provide the salary details

Upendra (Lecturer)     22 February 2015

the only thing you can do is you have to prove

1) wife is working or is capable of working

2) she has properties that can be rented for sufficient income

alwin (lawyer)     22 February 2015

The quantam of maintenance always depends upon the husbands income and earning of the wife. Law also speaks that if husband is not working in several cases the honourable court has taken goods and chattels and movable and immovable property of the husband . one cannot plead that wife is well educated and can work and this is not the ground to deny maintenance only if the wife is without any sufficient reason not residing with the husband she cannot claim any maintenance or if she is living in adultery she doesn't have any right to claim maintenance.

skec (superwiser)     22 February 2015


If wife knows husband pancard then can she collect return and income details about husband?

Wife has taken all jewellry's but if wife has claim jewelry's with few false bills and few original bills, then husband how will return ? also few bills are in her mother and fathers names and those are old bills.



T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 February 2015

@skec: Please do not approach this forum for guidance to do wrong things.  The husband or wife is entitled to know the about the income details through Income tax returns also by a RTI Act route.  Thus, it will not be possible to deny the information or hide the facts when it becomes a legal issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads