Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (In search of job)     30 August 2012

Maintenance appeal @ high court

Dear Sir,

The maintenance case filed u/s 18 HAMA by wife is dismissed by the honourable family court in january, 2012 on the grounds of desertion by wife also 

on the false allegation that the husband is impotent (medical board certified that husband is potent). 

Now wife appealed in the high court asking for continuation of interim maintenance of Rs.5000 pm, (which I had paid until the disposal of main case at the family court) 

until the disposal of the main case at high court. I recently appeared for the first time before high court, after I received the notice and asked the judge 2 weeks time to engage

an advocate.

I have the following questions in this regard

(1) Is it a good idea to represent the case party-in-person? what are the difficulties, I may have to face? 

(2) Actually, I know my case very well and I was the one who had written and filed the written arguments in the family court. 

How differently, the high court lawyer may argue? as far as the content of the case is concerned, I am well aware of the case, 

what extra benefits I would get by engaging an high court advocate?

(3) Apart from case content, what extra knowledge is required to argue my own case?

(4) If someone is already there, who has done / is doing this, could you please share your experiences (pros/cons)?

Regards,

Naresh

Learning

2 Replies

Prashant Ghai (Advocate) (PrashantGhai.com)     30 August 2012

The simplest way I can put it is that, knowing a case and presenting a case in the court are two different things. So by engaging an Advocate, you are approaching your matter in a much more professional way. Which could ultimately be the difference between getting an order in your favor or not.

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     30 August 2012

its important you engage a  lawyer for high court , in your ,matter you have lot that favours you a good advocate can fight your case very well . There are lot of thungs when it comes to high court the way you put up your matter , arguements with relevant evidences,  proper knowledge of law in context to the sections the prayer she has asked for . . I suggest you appoint a lawyer it will be good for you .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register