Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaher yar   23 May 2022


My client and his wife got divorce and matter was settled before village panchayat .

Husband was asked to pay 2 lakh lump sum one time amount and both parties agreed not to file any case in any court 

After receiving money , wife has filed a case under 125 crpc for maintenance 

Whether wife can file case after agreeing to recieve one time amount ? Any case law .

Thank you


 2 Replies

Parasar   23 May 2022

does the settlement have legal binding
1 Like

Shaher yar   24 May 2022

Sir the settlement was done by the parties along with their families in presence of village panchayat. The terms of settlement were recorded on plain paper . The parties , families and village panchayats signed the paper. Husband has given the one time settlement amount also

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More