LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaliammal   19 September 2018

Looking for legal advice on bigamy

I was recently attacked by my husband with an iron rod and the case is pending at the karur court. He got married to a women in 1990. I filed for bigamy case at karur in 1990 and lost the case. I went for an appeal to trichy court in 1992 and chennai high court in 1993 and lost the case. I was not able to prove in the court earlier, now i have all the proofs from Aadhaar, Voter ID, Ration card. In the FIR copy, he got admitted that he is living with his second wife and admitted the samething in the court on the domestic violence case.

Now, I'm looking for advice from the legal experts on how to approach my bigamy case.


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     19 September 2018

Do you have proof of actual ceremonies between the husband with another woman? If not then forget. Aadhar, voter's card, ration card are not the proof of actual marriage ceremonies between the parties. Even without marriage, two persons living together can make all these documents very easily. Just forget bigamy case as you already wasted money on the lawyers who wrongly advised you to file such criminal complaint without sufficient proof of his second marriage and now once again if you do it, than only lawyers will be earning and you'll get nothing.

R Trivedi (     20 September 2018

It's almost 30 years. Atleast now get hold of your life, don't waste any further.

TGK REDDI   21 September 2018

The law of res judicata will be an impediment for you.

TGK REDDI   21 September 2018

Pardon me.    Res judicata is not applicable to criminal cases.

An offence once tried can't be tried again.

vinay_2431 (engineer)     31 October 2018

Now that 497 is not criminal there is nothing that you can do ..all you can do is just take divorce.

Good luck with your cases.keep filing and keep loosing.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query