Lok adalat settlement - not abiding by

Scientific officer

I am the complainant in a criminal (Cheque bounce) case. After two years of court hearing, just before the passage of a judgement, the case was settled in the Lok adalat held on Feb. 2012 with the accused. Now the accused is not abiding by the Lok adalat verdict. Do I have to approach my area court for continuing the criminal case or I have to approach my district legal cell for the accused not abiding. Where and how I should represent my case under what section.

Lok Adalat award must be filed in civil court of competent jurisdiction for conversion of the same as decree. After passing of decree,  you can file execution petition for execution of the decree for recovery of your money.


Scientific officer


As the criminal case is not yet closed, do I have the option to continue the criminal case in spite of Lok Adalat award.


It depends upon the terms in the Lok Adalat Award. Please check if any default clause is incorporated in the award to enable you to revert back to the prosecution proceedings


You should have asked for a certified copy of decree.

Better you talk to me on 9352795551.A simple procedure may be advised.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x