LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srikanth (Research Scholar)     07 July 2016

Local candidate status in telangana

Dear Sir/Madam, I am in need of a legal advice regarding the local candidature in the state of Telangana. I live in BN Reddy nagar, my wife is a civil services aspirant, she belongs to Amaravathi, Guntur. Both of us are staying in Hyderabad since 2012 july since our marriage, its the 4 th year running now. According to the local candidate regulations in Telangana state - "one who stays for 7 years continuously will be regarded as a local candidate". Since we are based now in Telangana she is planning to take TSPSC seriously, what are the chances for being considered as local candidate after 7 years of stay, i was told that the 7 years stay rule does not hold good for candidates from Andhra Pradesh, we are in a confusion whether to move forward in this direction or plan something else for a career. I really appreciate and respect your valuable suggestions in this case. Looking forward for your responses ...... Thanking you Best regards, Srikanth Chiliveru

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 July 2016

In general for appointment/selection for government posts, 80% posts reserved for Local candidates and the other 20% posts meant for Non-Local candidates.  At the time of submission of application your wife may enclose a declaration stating that your self is a local candiate (Telangana) and after her marriage she is residing with you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register