LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ambi (Software Engineer)     04 November 2014

Loan repayment related

Hi, i have taken education loan of rs 3 lac in 2010 from Bank of India for my b.e. Last month the total amount i had to pay was around 4 lac 5thousand after reducing some subsidy given by government. I have completed my degree and working as a Software Engineer in a start-up company but the salary is 14k per month. Right now i can payback 5k per month to bank. Now my queries are 1> Should i start paying to bank now only or should I wait for my salary to be increased under the taxable income, so that i will get some exemption in tax(I am not sure, heard from someone). 2> What are the other points which should taken care like giving pan card number to bank etc. while paying back to bank. 3>Is there any way to get exemption on interest or I can apply somewhere so that i will have to give only principle amount of 3 lac. Thanx a lot in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     04 November 2014

Dear Ambi,

Repayment will be governed by your loan agreement. Please have a look at it to know your repayment schedule, prepayment clause, rescheduelment provisions etc.

You can always negotiate with bank for OTS or find an alternate lender to take over the loan.

It is better to pay as per schedule otherwise penal interest would be applicable. Also kindly note that co-borrower / guarantor is equally liable. Your default would be also reflected in CIBIL records and you may find it difficult to raise loans at a later date.

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     04 November 2014

Dear Ambi,

Repayment will be governed by your loan agreement. Please have a look at it to know your repayment schedule, prepayment clause, rescheduelment provisions etc.

You can always negotiate with bank for OTS or find an alternate lender to take over the loan.

It is better to pay as per schedule otherwise penal interest would be applicable. Also kindly note that co-borrower / guarantor is equally liable. Your default would be also reflected in CIBIL records and you may find it difficult to raise loans at a later date.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     05 November 2014

“Bad credit score” is really a scary phrase these days. Many people are stuck with a bad credit score/report due to their own or credit card company mistakes, but most of the times I see that it happens due to poor credit behaviour and mis-management of credit officers. Everyone wants to improve cibil score, so that they do not face any issue in getting loans at some point in future

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register