Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreenivas   27 October 2015

Link document

Seek advice on the Link document

" My father shares a plot (purchased by my grandfather) along with his brother and all the original documents are available including the registration; all appropriate bills payed till date; original Link document (available with us and a xerox of the same with my uncle).

The property agreement shared between them is available and during the last days of my father the original document pertaining to his brother (MY UNCLE) was handed over to him.

But till today the revenue tax and all the land taxes are born by us.

At this juncture my uncle wanted to dispose HIS SHARE OF LAND FOR WHICH HE HAS ALL DOCUMENTS EXCEPT ORIGINAL LINK DOCUMENT;  which happened with out our knowledge, now he is asking us to submit the link document in original to him. Unfortunately, we MISPLACED /lost the document and the records are not existing even in the registrat office (burnt during some riots).

My uncle is asking me to lodge a FIR and give a public notification through a notary and apply for the same; which I am sckeptical about???

I seek advice as to the proceedings from here, DO I HAVE TO REALLY GO FOR FIR AND PRESS NOTIFICATION OR IS THERE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE.

YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP ME IN TAKING NECESSARY STEPS.

Learning

2 Replies

srinivasan.r. (Lawyer, 9444000813)     28 October 2015

what he says is right., you have to lodge a police complaint, and publication of paper ad and after some time you seek  N0N TRACEABLE CERTIFICATE, from the police and it is better to get court declaration also in this regard, authenticating relevant document is missing. and copy of document can be used for further property deals.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 November 2015

You can  follow the advise of your uncle which is the right step to be taken under the given circumstances. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register