LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

OPPILAMANI G (ASST> COMMR)     16 July 2019

Legally wedded wif

Without knowing that my brother had married a lady legally or not I have put my brother's name and the name of the lady in the marriage invitations of my children Now it has come to my notice that the lady is third wife and not legally married my brother. after his death she is claiming right as the wife of my deceased brother and produces the invitations in support of her claim. Whether such mentioning of her name is confer right to her that she is a legally wedded wife of my brother. Kindly advic


 6 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     16 July 2019

invitation card cannot be proof of marriage.she has proof her marriage for claiming any right

A R Atwal (0) 9699717999 Mumba (Advocate)     16 July 2019

dear client please call on 7709462210/9699717999

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2019

One of the marriage requirements is that the marriage ceremony must be performed in front of witnesses and an officiant, qualified by the state,(priest, rabbi, or judge). No state authorizes ship captains to perform marriages. At least two witnesses are required to sign the marriage certificate.

Shashi Dhara   17 July 2019

Tell her to approach court don't issue notice let she go to court if u know other two wife's address they will also attend court and try to claim right over property it never ends until u will be safe

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     17 July 2019

Mere invitation card is not a proof of any marriage , she have to exhibit proof of marriage venue , witnesses , marriage photographs , exchange of garlands etc Let her prove them all

OPPILAMANI G (ASST> COMMR)     18 July 2019

Thank you all .My brother was living at Chennai and Myself at Coimbatore. He was an employee of State Govt from 1975. On knowing that he is a womeniser, myself and my mother and sisters neglected him for the past 30 years.On knowing that my children are giong to be married in 2004 he contacted me over phone and informed me that he had corrected himself and after driving away all the ladies he is living with one Ramadevi and if I put her name in the invitation below my name and mu Mrs name he will come and attend.Beleiving that he will help my family I accepted his request and put her name alng with my brothers name. Both of them attended marriage at Chidambaram, stayed in hotel and left. Ahter his death I came to understand that he was living three ladies including Ramadevi and left no children. It was also noted that he had not divorced the Second lady Sampathkumari through Court and married the third lady after executing a registered Marriage Cancellation Deed with the Second lady Sampathkumari. On knowing that tha third lady is trying to abase our ancestral properties, I filed objections to the Thasildar not to issue legal heirship certificate in her favour.Tasildar accepted my contention that Ramadevi is not alegally wedded wife and rejected her reques for LHC and directed her to approach Court. As she had not approached the Court I filed a suit in the Dt.Munsif Court after a year and the Suit now under trial.My plea is that she is not a legally wedded wife and as no children left by my brother I asked for II nd class LHC.. Now she is producing the marriage invitations printed by me ealier and her advocate showed the invitations printed by me in 2004.2010 and atgued that I myself had accepted her as wife of my deceased brother and requested  to dismiss my request hor II class LHC. Sir I am aged 71 and protected my ancestral properties for the past 30 years, performed all  rites to my parents etc for which my brother never came. Kindly advice me by quoting relevant judgements if any that the invittions alone cannot be lelied and the course of action to be taken by me.Your opinion will be given to my lawewr for guidance. Please help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query