Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Legal Name Change In 10th CBSE Marksheet & Then using it apply for a Fresh Passport.

Imagine i have successfully-
Made an affidavit, Got it notarized, & Published in a local & 1 in English newspaper Ad, then i got it published in the central government/State government Gazette.

After following this process..
I have understood that i will be able to change my full name in all the documents like Adhaar Card & Pan Card etc..

But my question is -
In order to apply for a fresh passport(i have never had one), i will need to submit my 10th Class CBSE Marksheet.

& i have read online that it's very difficult to change the name in 10th CBSE Marksheet(Unless it's a few letters or a minor mistake) BUT My New name(both first name & last name) will be completely different from my old name.

Will this create a problem?
Will i still be eligible for a Fresh Passport?

Changing my name is important to me But Getting a Passport is More Crucial.

Still i would want to be able to do both legally, Please Tell Me what i am supposed to do to achieve this?

PLEASE HELP!!

ThankYou🤎

Learning

1 Replies

Aryan Raj   24 December 2021

In response to your query,

Yes it is important for you to have your 10th marksheet to satisfy the criteria for proof of D.O.B., but instead you can also use a college/university transfer certificate, a school leaving certificate, or a matriculation certificate, as long as the certificate contains the applicant's D.O.B.

And as you mentioned you have already gotten your name changed in other documents I don't think it will be that big a problem. But to be more sure you can also get an affidavit and attest it to your marksheet stating that you are the same person as the person in the marksheet and in other documents of yours who has just changed his name.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register