Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharmistha (none)     21 July 2012

Legal help aginast inlaws to protect my marriage

Sir

Greetings  of  the  Day !

Under  huge  distress  am  posting  in this  forum . I don't  want  to disturb  tthe  peace  of  life  by  going  to Police . I  was  married in  2009  love  marriage . I have a kid  of 2 year  . 

Me  and My  husband both are employed  in IT  firm .  I  come  from a basic  middle  class  family .  Like  any  opther parent  ,  my  parents  have streched themselves  to the  extreme ttrying  to establish  me in society  , they are  succseeful .

My  Sister-In-Law  is a divrced  lady .  and  she  wants  the  same  fate  for  me . Rather its  the  birds  eye  target for  her  , unfortunately  she  has  got  full support   of  her  parents . .

I have  been a subject  of  heavy  mental  domestic  voilence since i  conceived my  child . My MIL  used  to suggest   not  to  have  a child  . They  also  never  wanted   me to  keep  any  connection  with  my  own  parents! . My  inlaws  were inhuman  enough  not  to care  for me for a single day  during  my prenancy .

I took  the  hint  , since  am sole  responsible  for bringing  my  child  ,  i  left  the city  (kolkata)  .  My  husband  follwed suit .  We  could  stay  happily  for a  couple of  months  in bangalore befare   my  inlaws  decided  to  shift  in as well  to bangalore .

I have  been a subject  to  domestic voilence (physical)  in  my  husband's  absence . But  for the sake  of  my child future i have  kind  of  ignored the  incident .  But  i  stay  seprate from my  inlaws  in  bangalore

Now  my  MIl is  blackmailing   my  husband  , She  is  not  allwing my  husband  to  stay  with  me . Am under  economical distress as  she  doesn't  allow  him  to  spend  a  single penny  for  me / my child . My  husband  has  never bought  a single  diaper  for  my  son  :).  Neways still i am concerned about  my  son .

Let  me know of  law  if  any which  can  be  useful  to deal this  kind  of  case . I don't want  to  divorce  as the real vistim will be  my child . But  I need  to frame my  inlaws under the threat  of Indian  law .

Thanks  in Advance

Learning

5 Replies

Phanindra Kumar (Adovcate)     21 July 2012

Dear Sharmistha
as i read your article regarding the dispute between you and your in-laws, i suggest you to speak to your husband lonely and do have his advise and do what he says threatening a person under Indian Criminal Law is easy simply you can go to women complaint cell for filing a complaint under Sec 498-A of IPC but you this is not the way to change the people. Because you need to look after your child for an other 25 years or so. so tell your husband about the problem and try to give your counselling to your in0laws so that they may change their way...

regards and all the best for your future..

Phanindra Kumar J

Ranee....... (NA)     21 July 2012

Talk to your husband in this regard.If not possible engare senior members from your/husband family .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 July 2012

Mrs.Sharmista,

Marriage is the union of two different surnames, in friendship and in love, in order to continue the posterity of the former sages, and to furnish those who shall preside at the sacrifices to heaven and earth, at those in the ancestral temple, and at those at the altars to the spirits of the land and grain.

Sharmistha (none)     21 July 2012

Thanks  to  all  for the  advice .

I  strictly  belive  in  the  institution  of  marriage and  don't want   to  upset  it  .  BUt  it  seems my  silence  is now my  weakness ,  hence  i  do  need  to take  some  step  .

I w ould  have  never  resorted to  the  web  help  if  my  Husband  was  least  co-operative . I  can't  blame  him  as  my  MIL has emtionally  blakmailing him given  to the  fact  that  his  sister  is  already  divorced .I am  not  sure  how  i  would  have  reacted  if  my MIL  was  my  mother !!!.   I  can understand  my  sister-in-law has  herself  lost  the  best  in  life  ,  so  definitely  she  can't  bear  another  girl  getting a  normal  life

I need  to  do  the  "Hisssss"  inorder  to  avoid  spoiling  my  kids life .

Is  there  a  way  by which  i can  just  sent  some  legal  warning ? Legal  court  order etc . I need  this  to  save some  parentage  for  my  kid .

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register