LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yuvanthi Kumar (NIL)     15 November 2022

Legal heir certificate

My father obtained a property by way of family partition measuring 1000 square feet in 1975. Total family consists of Two sisters and Two sons and my mother.

During 2009, out of 1000 Square feet , 500 Square feet was settled to my brother as family settlement without knowledge of sisters and myself. 

During 2010, the remaining undivided 500 square feet property was mortgaged in bank where the title was still in the father name.No transfer was done. I'm repaying the loan for last 10 years and still 3 years EMI has to be paid.

My brother is now selling the property he got as family settlement and also claiming that he wants share in the undivided portion.

During 2011, my father passed away and my brother has obtained legal heir certificate dropping two sisters and showing the name of my mother, me and his name

Can my sisters go to court and challenge the settlement given to my brother since they are not aware and no signature or consent was obtained? Even i  did not sign or give any consent to settle the 500 square feet to my father or brother

My mother is still alive 

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 November 2022

Yours sisters can challege to the legal heir certificate in the court of law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register