New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Salvi   24 August 2023

Legal guardianship certificate of a parent

What is the procedure for obtaining Legal Guardianship Certificate of my bedridden and impaired mother, and how much does the procedure would cost?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 August 2023

Your mother being an adult there is no question of getting legal guardianship for her.

If she is mentally insane or physically unfit then you can apply for court guardianship for this but firstly she has to be declared as medically unfit and is dependent on anyone for all purposes.  However you have to approach the district collector  these days tby following the procedure to get certificate to declare her  medically unfit  and to get a guardian appointed to take care of her.

You can contact a local advocate and proceed as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register