Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal action threat by tikona, asking bill payment for non-s

Page no : 2

Arvind Yadav   14 July 2016

Dear Customer,

We wish to draw your kind attention to the following facts:

• That Tikona Digital Networks Pvt. Limited is a corporate body duly registered under the Companies Act, 1956, and in business of providing Internet services.
  • That you have subscribed the internet Services being provided by us on the terms and conditions as laid down in the subscriber registration Form (SRF) which was duly read acknowledged and signed by you
  • That in lieu of the internet services availed under this agreement and the devices provided to you, we have from time to time sent you bills for the same.
  • In view of the non-payment of the bills, you have also been reminded through telephone calls and SMS messages to make payment of the bills sent to you. However, in spite of several such demands and reminders, you have failed and neglected to pay the amounts of outstanding bills aggregating to Rs.1532. In accordance with the terms and conditions of the SRF, you were under an obligation inter-alia to make payment of periodic bills raised upon you in respect of services availed by you. However, in spite of the receipt of Statement of Usage from us, you have grossly failed to make said payments.
  • In addition to above, you shall be required to pay Rs. 1500 in case you fail to return Modem along with all accessories to our authorized representative.

Please refer to Para 23 of Terms and conditions of the subscripttion, an extract is appended below

“In case of service discontinuation, the subscriber shall compulsorily return all the modems in working condition. In the event of subscriber not being able to deliver the modem to the company, for reasons attributable to their action/account, the modems would be assumed to be permanently undeliverable to any person including the company.  In such an event, including a case where the modems are delivered by the subscriber in non-working conditions, the company would charge the subscriber Rs. 1500 per modem not returned or returned in non-working conditions towards penalty/damages for breach of the terms of service. This is applicable for all plans.

Please note that the Modem provided by Tikona and installed in your premises is a wireless transmitter imported by the company under a license issued by WPC wing, Department of Telecom, Government of India. Possession of such equipment, under your ostensible charge, is prohibited under THE INDIAN WIRELESS TELEGRAPHY ACT 1933 ACT XVII OF 1933.

• You are requested to make immediate payment of  Rs.1532. and give you this notice, that if you fail to pay, the aforesaid sum thereon within 7 days we shall have no option, but to adopt appropriate recovery proceedings, inclusive of legal proceedings criminal as well as civil, against you at your entire risk as to costs and consequences. Please ignore if already paid.   
  • You can pay by Cheque / Demand Draft / Online by multiple ways, log on to https://www.tikona.in/for-home/customer-support/tikona-care/payment-methods  choose the best option.

Yours Sincerely   

(Authorized Signatory)

Gagan Kumar (Lawyer)     14 July 2016

Karthi,

Forum discussion may not give you concrete solution. You need to consult a lawyer over the phone or need a face to face consultancy. If interested you can contact GK & Advocates Law Firm (www.gkandadvocates.com). It will save your time too.

Gagan Kumar

shyam yumnam (Developer)     15 July 2016

Dear Arvind Ji,

Only collecting money won't work, you also need to provide service. I'll give tikona a minus 5 start if to be rated.

Thanks,

Shyam 

1 Like

Milind   22 February 2017

HI Tikona Care, 

I am facing same issue facing by others. 

User ID :- 1120305125

I have not used services and got bill of 750, why shoud i Pay bills when I am not using, And your care people are so fake they dont know how to handle coustomer.

I send email on 8th feb 2017 for discontinue my services where in my bill cycle was 15 feb 2017, They gave me call and asked me to use services for next 7 days as trial and than will have a feedback call.

it's been more than 15 days no call yet.

where in 19th feb 2017 again I have emailed for discontinuing my services, they are not responding to this, not even disconnecting my services and asking me to pay bills.

Now I am taking each and every screenshots of their calls (What they are doing is, calling me and disconnecting the  call) Just to show that they are calling me but not speaking to me.

Now suggest me how to take legal action againest tikona, I am ready for consumet court as well. I need support form advocates what ever i win as prize , will be given to advocates only. I just want justice.

I am fed up from these people.

Milind   22 February 2017

HI Tikona Care, 

I am facing same issue facing by others. 

User ID :- 1120305125

I have not used services and got bill of 750, why shoud i Pay bills when I am not using, And your care people are so fake they dont know how to handle coustomer. I send email on 8th feb 2017 for discontinue my services where in my bill cycle was 15 feb 2017, They gave me call and asked me to use services for next 7 days as trial and than will have a feedback call. it's been more than 15 days no call yet. where in 19th feb 2017 again I have emailed for discontinuing my services, they are not responding to this, not even disconnecting my services and asking me to pay bills. Now I am taking each and every screenshots of their calls (What they are doing is, calling me and disconnecting the  call) Just to show that they are calling me but not speaking to me. Now suggest me how to take legal action againest tikona, I am ready for consumet court as well. I need support form advocates what ever i win as prize , will be given to advocates only. I just want justice. I am fed up from these people.

Suggest what to do Arvind.. 

Edwin   30 June 2017

The same thing is hapenning with me too.

This was my used id 1119425616 with Tikona.  I enrolled based on a three month special scheme and stopped it before the time expired because i was not happy with the service.  In fact, out of the three months, it did not work for many days.

They kept generating bill on some billing cycle and started sending bills escalating every month.

Yesterday I received a call from 9873463198, an advocate Savita chowdury, Delhi.  She threatened to file a criminal case against me in Delhi, whereas I reside in Chennai.

How to stop this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register